Welcome to the Windows On Windows® forum! The forum is free for anyone to use, so come join in the fun!

...Forum not enough for you? Chat live with other Windows® fans on our Discord server!

Plexcellent Visual Style for Windows 8.1!! (Almost like if 4074 had Plex)

This is the place for members to share projects such as UI concpets, visual styles, websites, forums, artwork, etc.
User avatar
Splitwirez
Windows® 95
Windows® 95
Posts: 128
Joined: May 25th, 2016, 9:31 pm
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista/Longhorn
Favourite Windows® operating system: WinLH 4039, Win8 7850, Win8.1 9600 (w/ mods)
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Gender: Male

Plexcellent Visual Style for Windows 8.1!! (Almost like if 4074 had Plex)

Postby Splitwirez » May 25th, 2016, 9:53 pm

Image
(Beta coming soon)

So, what do you think? C:


ImageImage
Image

turbo.luke.williams
Windows® 1.0
Windows® 1.0
Posts: 13
Joined: April 24th, 2016, 5:38 pm
Favourite Windows® development process: Longhorn
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows 10
Been thanked: 2 times
Gender: None specified

Re: Plexcellent Visual Style for Windows 8.1!! (Almost like if 4074 had Plex)

Postby turbo.luke.williams » May 25th, 2016, 10:21 pm

Pretty nice, pretty nice.

User avatar
Splitwirez
Windows® 95
Windows® 95
Posts: 128
Joined: May 25th, 2016, 9:31 pm
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista/Longhorn
Favourite Windows® operating system: WinLH 4039, Win8 7850, Win8.1 9600 (w/ mods)
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Gender: Male

Re: Plexcellent Visual Style for Windows 8.1!! (Almost like if 4074 had Plex)

Postby Splitwirez » May 26th, 2016, 4:37 pm

turbo.luke.williams wrote:Pretty nice, pretty nice.

Thanks! :3

Also...

Image
Two substyles down, one to go!!
ImageImage
Image

QCS
Windows® 2.1
Windows® 2.1
Posts: 71
Joined: April 16th, 2016, 12:06 am
Favourite Windows® development process: Longhorn/Vista
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows 7
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 16 times
Gender: Male

Re: Plexcellent Visual Style for Windows 8.1!! (Almost like if 4074 had Plex)

Postby QCS » May 27th, 2016, 11:25 am

Wow very nice.

Did you make this? :D

User avatar
Splitwirez
Windows® 95
Windows® 95
Posts: 128
Joined: May 25th, 2016, 9:31 pm
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista/Longhorn
Favourite Windows® operating system: WinLH 4039, Win8 7850, Win8.1 9600 (w/ mods)
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Gender: Male

Re: Plexcellent Visual Style for Windows 8.1!! (Almost like if 4074 had Plex)

Postby Splitwirez » May 27th, 2016, 11:49 am

QCS wrote:Wow very nice.

Thanks :OD

QCS wrote:Did you make this? :D

Wrong tense, but yes, it is mine. (I'm not finished making it, though ._. )
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
alexandru_c
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Posts: 153
Joined: May 1st, 2016, 10:15 pm
Location: Romania
Favourite Windows® development process: Windows Server
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows Server
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Plexcellent Visual Style for Windows 8.1!! (Almost like if 4074 had Plex)

Postby alexandru_c » May 28th, 2016, 8:06 pm

Interesting visual style, do you also plan to change the Windows icons with the Longhorn ones to give a better look and feel to the users in the beta version?
What can you do with just some basic PHP knowledge: http://splatform.sourceforge.net

Awesome LIVE event right NOW: [url ]http://radiozu.ro/forzazulive/ [ /url] - event over

User avatar
Splitwirez
Windows® 95
Windows® 95
Posts: 128
Joined: May 25th, 2016, 9:31 pm
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista/Longhorn
Favourite Windows® operating system: WinLH 4039, Win8 7850, Win8.1 9600 (w/ mods)
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Gender: Male

Re: Plexcellent Visual Style for Windows 8.1!! (Almost like if 4074 had Plex)

Postby Splitwirez » May 29th, 2016, 3:15 pm

alexandru_c wrote:Interesting visual style, do you also plan to change the Windows icons with the Longhorn ones to give a better look and feel to the users in the beta version?

Thanks ^-^

Wait, was there a complete set of Longhorn icons? I only recall a few which weren't identical to (or atleast very similar to) the Vista ones. Any chance you could point me to them (or the number of a build containing them)? That'd help a lot :3
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
alexandru_c
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Posts: 153
Joined: May 1st, 2016, 10:15 pm
Location: Romania
Favourite Windows® development process: Windows Server
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows Server
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Plexcellent Visual Style for Windows 8.1!! (Almost like if 4074 had Plex)

Postby alexandru_c » May 31st, 2016, 1:01 pm

Splitwirez wrote:
alexandru_c wrote:Interesting visual style, do you also plan to change the Windows icons with the Longhorn ones to give a better look and feel to the users in the beta version?

Thanks ^-^

Wait, was there a complete set of Longhorn icons? I only recall a few which weren't identical to (or atleast very similar to) the Vista ones. Any chance you could point me to them (or the number of a build containing them)? That'd help a lot :3


Well, at least use a Windows Longhorn Build 4074 and Vista icons mix.
What can you do with just some basic PHP knowledge: http://splatform.sourceforge.net

Awesome LIVE event right NOW: [url ]http://radiozu.ro/forzazulive/ [ /url] - event over

User avatar
Splitwirez
Windows® 95
Windows® 95
Posts: 128
Joined: May 25th, 2016, 9:31 pm
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista/Longhorn
Favourite Windows® operating system: WinLH 4039, Win8 7850, Win8.1 9600 (w/ mods)
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Gender: Male

Re: Plexcellent Visual Style for Windows 8.1!! (Almost like if 4074 had Plex)

Postby Splitwirez » May 31st, 2016, 1:33 pm

alexandru_c wrote:
Splitwirez wrote:
alexandru_c wrote:Interesting visual style, do you also plan to change the Windows icons with the Longhorn ones to give a better look and feel to the users in the beta version?

Thanks ^-^

Wait, was there a complete set of Longhorn icons? I only recall a few which weren't identical to (or atleast very similar to) the Vista ones. Any chance you could point me to them (or the number of a build containing them)? That'd help a lot :3


Well, at least use a Windows Longhorn Build 4074 and Vista icons mix.

I never noticed those. Odd. I don't know if those are the ones, but yeah, I'll definitely look into some icons! C:

EDIT: Oh and thanks :V
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
Splitwirez
Windows® 95
Windows® 95
Posts: 128
Joined: May 25th, 2016, 9:31 pm
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista/Longhorn
Favourite Windows® operating system: WinLH 4039, Win8 7850, Win8.1 9600 (w/ mods)
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Gender: Male

Re: Plexcellent Visual Style for Windows 8.1!! (Almost like if 4074 had Plex)

Postby Splitwirez » June 2nd, 2016, 9:48 am

Image
Glass substyle finished. Also...
Image
...deez notifications :3
ImageImage
Image


Return to “Member Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest